19 September 2007
Another example to make you doubt the intelligence of the average American
I've always considered creationists to be just one step away from flat-Earthers. Here's new proof that they're possibly equivalent: "Video- “The View” co-host doesn’t know if the world is round or flat". Also see comments on Reddit and Digg.
And you can just see the other hosts squirm over how to approach this discussion and not lose core viewership. I'm not sure if we blame religion (with its "four corners of the Earth" line that was so convincing 1000 years ago) or socio-economic self-oppression (with the "I've got kids to raise!!" canard that seems to absolve her from learning day-to-day science), or maybe she just saw that she was being lured into an argument equating creationists with flat-Earthers. I've never said this before: Woopi Goldberg is my hero.
- Wealth of nations posted by sstrader on 26 December 2013 at 7:36:20 PM
- Article on Albert O. Hirschman in The New Yorker posted by sstrader on 29 June 2013 at 12:55:35 PM
- Harris on torture posted by sstrader on 6 October 2012 at 12:20:57 AM
- Atheism, feminism posted by sstrader on 9 September 2012 at 11:06:18 AM
- The Kickpuncher comic book that comes with the Community DVDs posted by sstrader on 4 June 2012 at 9:14:11 PM