19 September 2007
Another example to make you doubt the intelligence of the average American
I've always considered creationists to be just one step away from flat-Earthers. Here's new proof that they're possibly equivalent: "Video- “The View” co-host doesn’t know if the world is round or flat". Also see comments on Reddit and Digg.
And you can just see the other hosts squirm over how to approach this discussion and not lose core viewership. I'm not sure if we blame religion (with its "four corners of the Earth" line that was so convincing 1000 years ago) or socio-economic self-oppression (with the "I've got kids to raise!!" canard that seems to absolve her from learning day-to-day science), or maybe she just saw that she was being lured into an argument equating creationists with flat-Earthers. I've never said this before: Woopi Goldberg is my hero.
- The city posted by sstrader on 6 March 2016 at 9:43:27 PM
- Race, actors, representation posted by sstrader on 22 January 2016 at 5:29:53 PM
- When should you not report a name? posted by sstrader on 4 October 2015 at 11:11:36 AM
- Health cost posted by sstrader on 18 September 2015 at 10:39:05 AM
- Posthuman dystopia posted by sstrader on 22 March 2015 at 10:21:25 AM