1 December 2007
Pope Benedict is a cock
Take this gem from his recent encylical:
It is no accident that [atheism] has led to the greatest forms of cruelty and violations of justice...
The ignorant will fall and have fallen for that crap argument; there is no simple death for such deceit. Should we point out the greater multitudes of cruelty that religion has brought on society? No, because that's a crap argument too. "Good" and "bad" can come from anything. Religion's biggest problems are its unfounded and harmful assertions (such as curing through prayer), its rewriting of history (such as ignoring its own acts of torture and killing), and its moving target doctrine where any sect at any point in time may pick-and-choose which statements to follow and which to ignore.
And the best he's got is a grade school rebuttal to atheism? This is what passes for Catholic theology today?
- Group identity posted by sstrader on 15 April 2010 at 10:10:28 AM
- Defense posted by sstrader on 5 December 2009 at 4:12:02 PM
- Atlanta and Midtown in the 70s posted by sstrader on 30 July 2009 at 8:05:15 PM
- Vengence posted by sstrader on 9 April 2009 at 4:27:20 PM
- Millenarianism posted by sstrader on 20 March 2009 at 11:03:42 AM