1 December 2007
Pope Benedict is a cock
Take this gem from his recent encylical:
It is no accident that [atheism] has led to the greatest forms of cruelty and violations of justice...
The ignorant will fall and have fallen for that crap argument; there is no simple death for such deceit. Should we point out the greater multitudes of cruelty that religion has brought on society? No, because that's a crap argument too. "Good" and "bad" can come from anything. Religion's biggest problems are its unfounded and harmful assertions (such as curing through prayer), its rewriting of history (such as ignoring its own acts of torture and killing), and its moving target doctrine where any sect at any point in time may pick-and-choose which statements to follow and which to ignore.
And the best he's got is a grade school rebuttal to atheism? This is what passes for Catholic theology today?
- Wealth of nations posted by sstrader on 26 December 2013 at 7:36:20 PM
- Article on Albert O. Hirschman in The New Yorker posted by sstrader on 29 June 2013 at 12:55:35 PM
- Harris on torture posted by sstrader on 6 October 2012 at 12:20:57 AM
- Atheism, feminism posted by sstrader on 9 September 2012 at 11:06:18 AM
- The Kickpuncher comic book that comes with the Community DVDs posted by sstrader on 4 June 2012 at 9:14:11 PM