1 December 2007
Pope Benedict is a cock
Take this gem from his recent encylical:
It is no accident that [atheism] has led to the greatest forms of cruelty and violations of justice...
The ignorant will fall and have fallen for that crap argument; there is no simple death for such deceit. Should we point out the greater multitudes of cruelty that religion has brought on society? No, because that's a crap argument too. "Good" and "bad" can come from anything. Religion's biggest problems are its unfounded and harmful assertions (such as curing through prayer), its rewriting of history (such as ignoring its own acts of torture and killing), and its moving target doctrine where any sect at any point in time may pick-and-choose which statements to follow and which to ignore.
And the best he's got is a grade school rebuttal to atheism? This is what passes for Catholic theology today?
- The city posted by sstrader on 6 March 2016 at 9:43:27 PM
- Race, actors, representation posted by sstrader on 22 January 2016 at 5:29:53 PM
- When should you not report a name? posted by sstrader on 4 October 2015 at 11:11:36 AM
- Health cost posted by sstrader on 18 September 2015 at 10:39:05 AM
- Posthuman dystopia posted by sstrader on 22 March 2015 at 10:21:25 AM