19 December 2012
My new Fiat 500 Abarth
At around the end of Aug 2001 I purchased my 2002 Beetle; around five years later I paid it off (not long after I got a surprise in the mail). Even with 6 years of no car payments, 10+ years with the same car is my limit. I went shopping two weeks ago before our trip to Austin, found this 2013 model, and quickly made my decision. My original choice was between a Fiat and a Mini which, one of Lisa's coworkers commented, are often compared in Europe. The test drive convinced me what a solid car the Fiat is, and it's nice not to add to the crowd of 7 or 8 Minis that are already parked near my parking spot at home.
First addition was a bluetooth receiver to stream Internet audio from my phone (found in this thread). Works well. Car-wise, the first week-and-a-half has been great. We have two trips to Knoxville coming up in the next week, so the trunk/back seats will be put to the luggage test.
- My new Fiat 500 Abarth posted by sstrader on 19 December 2012 at 8:13:55 PM
- Einstein on the Thames posted by sstrader on 22 March 2012 at 7:01:08 PM
- The heat posted by sstrader on 9 June 2011 at 11:38:40 PM
- PediaPress book for our Thailand trip posted by sstrader on 8 October 2010 at 1:52:57 PM
- Lisa's photos from walking across the Brooklyn Bridge posted by sstrader on 1 May 2010 at 11:56:20 AM